Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Welcome to the site James. Although Beck is probably best fished from a boat, there are many places to fish it from shore. I have found that if you walk furthest from the parking lot you will probably do better than the others that fish near it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you bring a boat there that you can't carry in, be prepared to get wet. Someone will have to get in the water to land the boat and possibly to launch it too. They do NOT allow any gas motors either.
When I've gone out there on my little boat, I usually concentrated on the areas and points by the island. Those fish don't see nearly as much pressure as the shore-side fish do.
Good luck, and post your results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a boat, but I am contemplating on buying a small row boat so my dad and I could fish around the center island. We shored fished on the east side today and all we caught were a slew of crappies and occasionally a small bass. I'll definitely post pictures when I get better results. Would you recommend an inflatable boat? I don't want to spend too much money since winter is coming.

Thanks!
James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just received a Port-a-Boat catalogue.A modest sale rightnow gets one a boat for between $1000 and $1600 .The lenghts are aprox 10' to 16'.Hit tab for catalogue request that says e-mail not working.Provided just name and address.It took 2 weeks. Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.