Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna be taking my dad to busse soon. We both got our licenses last week and I've yet to fish in Illinois after fishing daily in MN during college. Are there any good areas to go away from the majority of people? We'll be casting from shore, so nothing that involves boats. (How much are rentals anyway?) Ill be fishing for bass and he'll be trying to catch a cold, fish flee from him even in Hayward, Wisconsin where anyone can catch a fish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hes semi mobile haha. hes probably as old as some of the older guys on here. Bad knees and bad back from the dino days so he says, but that being said hes mobile. Where exactly is in skokie is the lagoons?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Skokie Lagoons is right off Edens Hwy.east side of hwy.(Tower Road). Just south of the Botanical Gardens. It borders on Winnetka and Glencoe (Northern Suburbs). There are alot of places to fish from shore. The only problem is as the weather gets warmer the shoreline starts to get really weedy. you might also try the Glen, which is located where the old Glenview Naval Airbase used to be located in Glenview. There are two fishing piers and many really convinet areas to fish from . It is catch and release and has bass, walleyes, crappies, bluegills, catfish and of course carp.

·
Registered
197 Posts
OK so I am one of those old guys that you were talking about. My hat is off to you for taking the old man fishing. I fondly remember the fishing that I did with my dad. Now that he is gone I wish I had spent more time with him.
It was along time ago, but when I fished from the shore at Busse, I liked to work the bay that you can see off of Higgins. The one that is farthest east. It's a bit of a hike from the parking and you have to cross the road. I caught a 32in pike there and got a lot of bass hits on Texas rigged plastics. Didn't hook any cause I didn't know how to set them at that point in my fishing career. I am thinking of working that bay for pike this weekend from my boat. There was a post on this site that talked about the boat rental but it was pretty high, I think over 50 buck with an electric motor and a dead battery.
If I see a youngster with a crippled old man I will stop by and say hi. :mrgreen:
Your a good son
Good luck
LUV2FISH

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
the dam area is good but might be overcrowded. it can be annoying fishing there but it does produce.

B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.