Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my last full day of school I knew I just had to go out to the backyard. I asked my sister if she wanted to get out with me and surprisingly she said ya. So we headed out, her with her superman pole and a bag of peas, and me with my jig rod. She had plenty of fun catching bluegill after bluegill after bluegill. While she got the hang of it and took the fish off herself I starting casting my jig n pig. Shortly after I land what might be the largest bass of my life. This bass came off my 3/4ounce jig n pig in shallow water. I caught this bass probably a good 30 yards out which made an excellent fight, and i knew I had a trophy. However, of course a 5lb bass story wouldn't be realistic unless you had someone ask you to keep the fish. While i had a crowd of about 10 people around me, the second I started to put it back in the water this Arabian mother yelled at me "NO NO! GIVE ME!" i look at her and say "YES YES, bye bye." And I have honestly never seen a sadder face in my life which gave me the best feeling.
Too bad this fish was postspawn.... probably 5.5-6lbs

my girlfriend later showed up and we started catching gills and gills after my sister left.

Awesome time with my girlfriend and sister :)
So sure its just another 5lber caught on a jig, however this was possibly my largest bass and to catch in at a public lake in front of tons, it felt awesome and its a memory I will never forget.
Thanks for reading!
-Creighton

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
"While i had a crowd of about 10 people around me, the second I started to put it back in the water this Arabian mother yelled at me "NO NO! GIVE ME!" i look at her and say "YES YES, bye bye." "

Now that's a You Tube moment. :lol:

Well Done !!!!!!

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's a pig dude! :shock:

[and your girlie is wearing a good shirt.]

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Man I gotta remember next time to breaK out the bag of peas. I've never heard that as a fish bait. lol.

On a side note...DAMN that is a nice fish you got there. That is a great story and one that will no doubt make you chuckle and put a smile on your face for years to come.

Good job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.