Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I fished LaSalle once earlier this year but that was the first time ever for me. We had some success and I'm heading out again on Tuesday. Last time out, I was on a boat and was able to move around and fish the holes as well as the shoreline. Tuesday I'll be restricted to shore. Is there anything I should know about fishing LaSalle from shore? I'll probably throw some crankbaits, maybe a spinnerbait or two, some jigs and maybe live bait. Last time we used chicken livers. Should I buy some chicken livers for Tuesday or just stick with the artificials?

Thanks for the input.

CT

·
Registered
369 Posts
i would definitely buy livers. if you're not catching anything else you can take a small chuck on a slip bobber and catch 10" catfish near shore all day. for bass make casts parallel to shore. use cranks spinnerbaits and swimbaits. theres also markers as you are walking out. i like right between 40 and 60 as it is right by deep water. if the wind isn't bad tie on a hook wieghtless and put a liver on and just let it drift out for hybrids. good luck out there and tell me if i was any help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah last time I was out there we caught probably 75 to 100 small cats between 3 of us. It got kinda annoying. I'm going out with a friend this time and he's never caught a hybrid, so I want to get him a decent one. I'm hoping there's at least a few good fish close to shore. I'll definitely hit up the area between the 40 and 60 markers. If there's nothing good there, probably move down a little, maybe try a little warmer water. How do you keep livers on the hook? I've heard tie some string around them or poke the eye of a treble hook up through the liver itself and then attach it with a swivel.

God, I just want to get out there and fish.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You can sew the liver on fy passing the hook in it several times,nothing going on at lasalle go to heideke hybrids are bigger and this is the time for them catch small gills or yellow bass there then cut i-2inch strips out of them fish them on the bottom keep moving around you will find the hybrids

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well spent about 9 hours out at LaSalle today. Caught a lot of little cats, a couple nice bass, a drum, and my fishing partner missed a nice fish and probably had a good stripper but missed the hook set. Overall, a decent day, but expected more strippers and bass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.