Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommorow im PLanning on Canoing, were can i go to fisH? ALso what and who are bucketheads and were are the goons im new to skokie lagoons but i fished and caught monsters IN lake michigan, one day if i find the picture i will post a 15lb perch and a almost 23lb salmon i caught kayaking!
TY Best Regards :mrgreen:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would love to see those pics. That must have been a blast.

Bucketheads are people catching fish and keeping them regardless of size, species, or any law. Commonly seen with buckets. lol

Haven't been to the goons, but good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So Bucket head is a bad guy.I fish with a bucket mainly to keep fresh pan fish alive for consumption later.Most guys I know from outside Cook County to the two Oceans I've been lucky to fish,along with resorts from MN. WI. and WA fish for the thought of consumption at some point.Often, panfish are too small to fillet and I throw them back.Seen guys keep fish small with disgust(mostly for fish head soup).Cuaght Largemouth Basss for more than 30 years.They are not much of a challenge in the right conditions.A descent walleye is a challenge.Crappie in the wild are alot more tough to catch than LM for sure.Try a lake in MN. .Most people dont even fish for bass in Northern MN. .It's too easy and the taste isnt that great. As to sport fishing: any fish with a fish slammed into his mouth drag from below to the surface or shallow shore is traumatized;whether for consumption or a cool pic.I admire almost all fisherman posts and members on this site;but, it sounds to me that some think that natural resource's of a lake are for their own narrow minded uses like pictures or bragging rights ;that, take pleasure in spreading a prejudicial and collective views upon others.I dont fish Montrose Harbor much anymore;because,I've ran into many people that are inpolite,selfish,and fear the police lisense checks.I dont care if they are Korean, as in "K-Town".If, I dont like the bikes,joggers or dogs around a particular lake;then, I go somewhere else.Please,just call the local Cook Co. FPP,CP-311,or the State Fish and game hotline.Get Off Our Backs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.