Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like it has been a long time since I've been out on the water. Now that the tykes are on summer vacation, good old Fishin D can't seem to find much time to get out. :cry:

Long story short, I got out on the canoe for a coupla hours this AM. Water temp 80 degrees, yep, full blown summer patterns... :idea: Got out 1.5 hours later than I wanted to, but still enough time to get 1 on topwater...

No more takers on the topwater after that, and no other moving baits were getting it done either... so I pulled out the most reliable baits known to man.....Tube baits! Started out Texas rigged, but too much algae muck on the bottom, so I switched over to a Carolina rig. Caught a coupla scrappers right away, and then got another....(just a wee bit bigger ;) )

Hard time getting the whole feesh into the pic at arms length, so here is another attempt to get all of her in the pic!

Well, after being so bold as to brag to Fishin Matt the night before that a 5lb-er was "in the bag", I thought I had that as I was bringing this one in. But alas, without Matt's special camera, I just cannot stretch this feesh into a 5! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry you could not go with Matt. Maybe next time, if we can ever coordinate the schedules!

All in all, I finished with 5 feesh out of 7 hooksets (yep, missed a couple). All these fish came from one piece of offshore structure. Too windy for me to paddle around, as the wind was blowing fast and furious, and of course, away from my launch site! :eek: I am not the most experienced canoe paddler u ever met... :oops:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the sun reflecting off the Quantum Energy reel! Got that bad boy for $80 at Gander! You can put it on the booooard! Yes!

Headin out of town for a week and a half. I will miss you all while I am gone...not! :p . Don't catch all my feesh in my absence, save a few for me when I return!!

Good fishing and have a Great 4th!!!!

D

·
Registered
428 Posts
good stuff there bro keep on tryin to get out

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
It looks like I missed out on some HAWGS D. More for you though :lol: We will get things lined up eventually, although that is what I have been telling everyone this season :roll: :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FishinMatt said:
We will get things lined up eventually, although that is what I have been telling everyone this season :roll: :D
I don't know now.... since I am entered in that other sites bass competition for the next two months, I may not want anyone to go with me (taking away my feesh).... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll look you up when I come back from Table Rock. Hoping to get a coupla feesh down there! D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.