Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
At the July tourney there were some people out fishing in the lightning. Not real smart but they were. Culprit, Jason and I waited until the lightning stopped, but then again we didn't do as well as the ones that fished in the lightning. Fishing from an aluminum boat in water holding a graphite rod in your hand in a lightning storm is something that I would never do.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Fishing from an aluminum boat in water holding a graphite rod in your hand in a lightning storm is something that I would never do.

Not something I ever want to do. I will show up but I won't be fishing if the weather is any where near the last turny.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
toothdoc said:
I guess you weren't at the last tourney then.
lol.... :lol:

(see avatar soaked, cold and smiling with a big Deep Lake Bass from the last rain soaked event)

Been shot at, rained on , blown all over the lake and almost knocked off the boat from big storms at Deep :roll:

Game ON !!!!

It's not going to be a big factor...light rain in the afternoon I am a weather junkie..(Not a pot junkie) most events I do are outdoors so I watch the weather every day.....but I'll keep and eye on it ...... So far it looks fine.....scattered showers maybe but
it sure worked out well in the last event ..some big ass bass we had for sure :D

If your worried buy a lotto ticket at the gas station before you load your boat ..odds are just as good you get hit by either....LOL... oh ya bring some rain gear. It got cold after the rains last time....

·
Registered
160 Posts
that was funny! me and the kid are the not so smart ones out in the lightning. it was a little scary at times but what was scarier was making the treck back to the launch where everyone else was. graphite rods in open water on an aluminum boat not smart. so we found the tallest tree we could find and used our graphite rods to support a sheet metal roof to be safe. :lol:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yeah Skunked and myself were also two of the not so smart ones out
in the lightning. Thats alright, caught a nice fish in the storm.
NO fairweather fishermen allowed. Like Basscaster said, bring a
cup to bail out, or bring a small pump. See you all bright and early
at the dock. :D :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.