Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fox had a report on a few days ago, in which they were investigating why the preservers were getting so dirty. I guess alot of people were complaining.

Turns out Cook County/FPD fired all the laborers that actually do the work, and the FPD is blaming it on early than normal warm temps causing more people to visit the preserves. Oh, and the kicker... Due to a budget defecit Stroger diverted 12 millon dollars out of the FPD budget.
So, looks like we are in for a bit of a messy year.

Full Story.
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages ... Id=3205159

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
As one who spends a lot of time in the forest preserves walking my dog or fishing, I can say it doesn't really seem any worse than normal.

Over by me at Caldwell Woods/Bunker Hill there are several homeless people who drink 24/7, make huge messes, and burn any wood they can find for fire, including picnic tables. They support themselves by kids under 21 having them go to the liquor store for them. It's unbelievable!

And a lot of the rest of the mess is generally caused by large groups on the weekends picnicking and drinking. I have no problem with that, but too many of them just leave shit all over the place. What really gets me is that when those garbage cans fill up by Sunday and overflow all over the place, they are not emptied until 2 or 3 days later!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.