Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the downtown elgin dam to meet up with a buddy to get our lines wet for MAYBE a catfish, but mostly walleye fishing. I got there before it was light out to get the best possible chance i could to catch. Fished from 6:30 am to about 10:30 am. Only thing all day was right when i got to the water, i set up a line with chicken liver on it and walk away... all the sudden my drag is screetching. I set it low so it would do just that as i was walkin around and getting more set up. So i run over and start reeling it in and all it is is a big carp. :( Other than just the fun fight with him i got skunked.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
hey man, right on. carp can be a blast. i've a few nice ones late this summer. fun fighters for sure.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Where u walleye fishing with chicken livers ?

Nothing suprises me anymore as once I seen a guy still fishing with a mepps spinner under a bobber and on each of the single hooks that consisted of the treble he had a piece of potatoe on them, he told me he was fishing for walleyes :?

Nice carp !

·
Registered
229 Posts
Culprit said:
Nothing suprises me anymore as once I seen a guy still fishing with a mepps spinner under a bobber and on each of the single hooks that consisted of the treble he had a piece of potatoe on them, he told me he was fishing for walleyes :?
I bet he wasn't doing very well :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha nah culprit, i was tossing chicken livers on a treble early on to see if i could get a cat, but snagged the carp. i know it is way late in the season for cats, thats why i said "MAYBE" a cat. Mostly was fishing the bottom with minnows and at the end some jigs to see what snagged, but nothing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha nah culprit, i was tossing chicken livers on a treble early on to see if i could get a cat, but snagged the carp. i know it is way late in the season for cats, thats why i said "MAYBE" a cat. Mostly was fishing the bottom with minnows and at the end some jigs to see what snagged, but nothing.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Culprit said:
Where u walleye fishing with chicken livers ?

Nice carp !
That would make another GREAT Whisky Tango Foxtrot thread! The craziest things you have seen people fishing with or doing while fishing. I watched my aunt pilfer all of gramps musky lures after he passed away, when I asked her what she was going to fish for she answered, "you know, pan fish, stuff like that...". She was a total DFB.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Flipside said:
Its never too late in the season for cats. I was out last night and caught a few nice ones and my buddy got a couple. The report and pics will be up later :wink:

If anything, now if the time to nail the monster cats!!! :p

·
Registered
453 Posts
bunker25 said:
If you are going to make fun of someone, try to use correct grammar so you do not sound like a fool:

"once I seen a guy"
"potatoe" It's actually potato Mr. Quayle
LMFAO, Culprit you have a new friend.
I can't believe he spelled Quayle right.
He must be a teacher :lol: Can I use you instead of my spellchecker :shock:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Andrew_R said:
If you want Walleyes, work the opposite shoreline along the railroad tracks.

From my experience (5yrs ago - haven't been back since), the area is pretty ghetto but work the eddies all along shore and you may catch something.
Good advice...I've always had better luck on that side, especially this time of year. And yes, it is pretty ghetto. Rarely fish it anymore for that reason.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.