Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to the fox again around 8 and the day started out great with a nice 11" crappie on the first cast. Bite was sporadic and very light managed two dink LMB. After that, I decided before I go meet up with the WCF crew to hit another spot for a few. The crappie bite was non-existent. I started throwing a storm swim shad and got a big hit and lost it. Next cast hit again fought it for a good 5 min then my lure came back at me. Hoping that the third time would be a charm, I casted for another 5 minutes with nothing. I this point I am thinking that these are snagged carp. Then I get another hit. Hook up again and low and behold its a huge pike! 30+ This SOB jumps and I effin' lose him again. :evil:

Sorry I need to vent but WTF? I hooked this fish 3 times and never was able to land him, each time I set the hook with more authority but still came up short. This has been the story of my fishing season this year, I hook up with something big then get overpowered and lose it. :evil: I spent the rest of the day trying to coax him into biting with two 20"+ snagged carp to show for it. :(

Heres the pics:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Now we know we you didn't show up at the WWD. Looks like you had more fun than we did. Thanks for the report MrB!

·
Registered
383 Posts
nice job mrB.. sorry to hear about the lost pike

You guys did much better than me, I got the big skunk fishin two ponds kind of near gurnee mills, then later hit up bass pro shops and spent money i shouldnt have spent............ :?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice job MrB !

Better luck next time Tim !

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yeah, Tim you got to go to my favorite store. Aris and I were talking that we need to do a group outing there sometime. Maybe over the winter or early spring.

·
Registered
383 Posts
toothdoc, what's ur favorite store? or were you talkin about bps, lol. I'm a bit confused... spent the day messin around with my lures in my room rather than typin up this giant research paper due on monday........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts