Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
everyone with there secret spots geeze...good thing I got my own.

There is a daily creel limit of 5 walleye 14in. or better. Why would the DNR have such a limit if there werent enough walleye to harvest? Im just asking so dont jump all over me like some of you are thinking. I practice catch and release and I am a firm believer that we must preserve this great fishery.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Wrenchfishing: See what happens when you try to be a nice guy and show someone your honey hole. It all goes to crap. I catch alot of walleye on the fox. And when people ask me where and when I tell them you exact quote you told me "Somewhere North of St. Charles." Thats one reason I quit posting pictures and writing posts. People hear you caught one walleye and next thing you know you cant even fish there anymore becaause everyone and their brother is out there. Im sorry but from past experience Ill just keep my mouth shut where and when i catch fish.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ED - "Also, the ratio of hunters to deer is nowhere near high enough to even make a dent in the deer populations. "

ED.....2007 Illinois Firearm Deer Season harvest totals 116,708
More than 31,000 deer taken during second firearm deer season.

Thats seems like enough to make a dent in the population.

·
Registered
253 Posts
ED - You also have to consider this. I know where I hunt in southern IL there are many people I know personally that shoot as many deer as they want and never call to have them checked, heck they dont even have tags for these deer. Say I know 10 - 15 people that do this just in the area I hunt. Then there is alot more than just them. I understand why they do it to, they cant afford the license and the tag and they need to eat and feed there families. Im not saying its the right thing to do, Im just throwing it out there. Plus never seeing a game warden in the twenty years I have ben hunting down there doesnt help anything. But by the percentage you just told me then I guess your ar eright....WE NEED MORE HUNTERS!! But the future does not look positive for that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
This is hilarious...you tell one person where you caught fish and everyone will show up there. How bout all you that want to know where the "spot" is. get off your couch and put some time into that river I promise you it wont take long before you can find your own honey holes or whatever you want to call them. There is fish up and down that river. But you cant catch them from home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.