Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 5am - 9am. I was 1 for 3 with the skies with 6 follows. There was a point I had 2 hook ups in 5 cast right in front of me but couldnt get a solid hook set becasue I was stunned that it bit right in front of me less that 5 ft away the extra delayed costed me those two skies. Its amazing how they can inhale a whole 6" gramma and spit it out before you know it. Here is the first one I landed. It was on my third cast. I was working grammas, bucktails, and 9" swimbaits.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FishingBeast said:
That picture looks really weird, especially the head of that fish. Nonetheless nice job. :D
Ya it had a messed up head. Its lower jaw was longer than its upper jaw. Since the action was pretty good this morning I gave the evening bite a shot with no luck but got three follows. I just found this area over the week and heard that the muskie bite is pretty good there.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FishingBeast said:
That picture looks really weird, especially the head of that fish. Nonetheless nice job. :D
Ya it had a messed up head. Its lower jaw was longer than its upper jaw. Since the action was pretty good this morning I gave the evening bite a shot with no luck but got three follows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.