Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
It does seem that way for the individual who gets the ticket but as the Coast Guard once stated, ......."We don't pick and choose what laws to enforce, if its a violation, it's a violation."

I don't believe in random safety inspections when on the water or for that matter, traffic road blocks but if they see a violation, then you kinda asked for it. It irritates me when on any given weekend I see boats, including fisherman breaking rules from no wakes, to illegal fish or fishing and find the authorities sitting in some channel stopping every boat for safety checks. Problem is, there's enough boats out there that have some type of violation that makes it worth their while rather than traveling around looking for the violations I speak of. The Chain is a very busy body of water with a history of accidents and deaths due to congestion, alcohol/drug use and plain old reckless incompetent boat operation. Authorities have become very strict over the past few years and there's no one to blame but the people using the water with disregard to the rules and or respect for other boaters.

If your gonna be out there, you need to keep your boat in tip top condition and be alert. I even talked with a guy who got a citation because his IL registration numbers were not spaced properly. :shock:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.