Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on the ice with Mops and Justblaze at 7am. Ice is still in good condition with 8-10" with 6+ icnhes of slush. Justblaze ATV got stuck in the slush when getting on the ice. It was too much slush for the ATV so we had to walk which was not too bad. There were some areas that the snow/slush were frozen and was smooth to walk on but the majority was slush. We started out in 7-8 FOW. Mark some fish but getting them to bite was different story. After a couple of hours with no luck. I decided to move to deeper water 13- 14 FOW and also marked some fish off the bottom but couldnt get them to commit. Moved again into 11.5 FOW and hit the jack pot. The vex was just light up red. We had a good hour of action. Together we caught over 60 whites, 1 yellow bass, and a couple of cats one 3# and one 5# who were both caught by Mops. BY noon action had really slow down. You had to really work for a bite. Around 12:30pm Cath88 joined us but missed the window but did managed a nice ******. As Cath88 arrived Justblaze had to leave for work and Mops stayed for another half hour or 45 minutes and left as the action had really died. Dont blame him. Moved back to 8FOW with no luck. By 3:45pm I was outta there. Overall day it was ok but still managed a good amount of whites. Small spoons in chart green glow with spikes and waxies were the ticket.

Hey Josh(Catch88) it was nice to meet ya man. I wish you could got there earlier when the action was hot but hey aleast you didnt get skunked. Washusky and the Rumnut Crew are heading out this Saturday. I'll let you know where they are going to fish on Saturday. Most likely I am going to meet up them later in the afternoon after the WCF Tourney at the WWD in Busse.

It was mostly slush out there but some areas where hard were your foot wouldnt go throught but suprisingly there was no snow on the ice

Picture of Mops with the 5# Cat witch was release but the 3# was unlucky and was given to Justblaze's friend who joined us later in the mornng

Here's me with a White Bass on the left and nice chunky Yellow Bass on the right.

End of the my days catch.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Nice pics with some serious slush.....do you think the slush would be frozen over by this weekend?

JB

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
prince o pike said:
larry you wanna hit the algonquin saturday or sunday? im game all weekend! pm me if its a deal :wink:
p.s. i wanna try my new b-day present! :lol:
I dont think I can make it this weekend. Tonight I'm heading out to Lake Geneva for some Lake Trout and Walleye's through the ice from Midnight to 6am with some locals up in Geneva. Then I have to attend the WCF Tourney at the WWD at 8am. Around 1-2pm I am meeting up with The Rumnut Crew for the afternoon / evening bite on the Chain. Sunday I am sleeping in as it will be COLD.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I found that old flasher I told u I have, im bringing it tomorrow just to see if it works. It turns on and everything but we'll see. Since you know much more than I do, maybe you could help me. Its FAR from vex/marcum quality. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.