Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met up with my buddy this morning and we had a very good day, nuthin huge, too many crappie to count. 10.5" prolly the biggest, a few white bass, few perch a couple gills and 6 LMB. One bass was pushing 15" others were small.

We were using mini-mites and crappie tubes under a float, this worked the best. Crappie didnt seem to want minnows today but were more than happy to hit the jigs w/o them.

Fishing slack water with deeper water nearby seemed to do the trick, they were stacked.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
MrB, I think you might be in the lead for WCF fisherman of the month! :lol:

Nice crapps, dude!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great job MrB. Ur having a great month !

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Augy said:
is it safe to eat fish from the fox?
I dont know, I no likey to eat fish. I know bucket people eat them, alot of them. Big ones, little ones, green ones, blues ones any kind. :lol:
It would prolly be OK in moderation I would suppose, but I have seen suckers with cancerous looking sores on them before.

Thanks guys, and congrats on the czardom Aris!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thx Guys,I wasnt even paying attention lol

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
yeah, it's amazing how the bucketheads will eat anything they catch on any body of water. i think jason mentioned someone who ate crappies from the nsc. hurl!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Last year I was fishing the Busse WWD one day and there were some people there with a huge amount of crappies that came out of the water by the discharge. It didn't look like their English was very good, but still.

·
Registered
136 Posts
toothdoc said:
Last year I was fishing the Busse WWD one day and there were some people there with a huge amount of crappies that came out of the water by the discharge. It didn't look like their English was very good, but still.
sorry, my English is poor too, but I still enjoy fishing, almost each weekend, from sprint to summer

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Suffice it to say that the fish that come out of that discharge at Busse are probably not good enough to eat. The water that is dicharged there comes from a water treatment plant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts