Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent about two hours shore fishing below St. Charles dam and Genva dam. Threw some cranks but after losing two switched to plastics. My newphew tried crawlers off the botton and under a bobber in the calmer pools.

Long story short we were skunked. I am going to invest in a pair of waders. The water level has really dropped. A guy wading in Geneva said he caught about 15 white bass with a jig and minnow.

First post. I love the Fox as I used to fish it as a kid for carp. Just moved back to the area and am so happy to see it has come along in terms of gamefish. I would almost rather get skunked at the Fox than catch bass in a pond. Although my last two trips have been skunkers so I may be at the pond just to get my confidence back!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Thanks for posting on the Fox...we don't see too many early season posts. Unless you are fishing for walleye or panfish early spring on the Fox can be tough. Thanks for posting and keep on pushing. That river will be turning on in no time.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
heysambennett said:
We got em on live minnows collected from a local creek.
Does the creek flow into the Fox? if it doesn't... Just wanna inform ya that it's illegal to trap your own bait and transport them to a new body of water. This mostly started with VHS. Same thing as transporting bait from IL to WI or etc... It is illegal. But who listens to that one :lol:

Welcome to the site by the way and thanks for the Report guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.