Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. I have been reading for a while. Got out Sunday evening around 5:30. Caught 15 smallmouth and one catfish in about an hour. Came back Monday morning at 6:00am and fished for another couple of hours. Caught 12 more smallmouth. 3 were 12" and one was 18". After the rain, went back and only caught 4 small ones in a couple of hours Monday afternoon. I need to wait for the water to go back down. Sorry no pictures. Left my camera a home.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Welcome to WCF, bunker. I had a blast on the Fox in the Batavia area last year at this time. And i'm planning on more this year!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'll probably run into you there one of these days. I might get out tomorrow morning but will probably hit STC.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was back out in Batavia yesterday and did real well. In 2 hours I caught 22 with 2 14" and 3 12". This is my first season fishing in the river and I just can't get over how strong of a fishery the river is. Amazing.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Wow, great #'s. The Fox sure seems to be heating up. It's great to be so close to such a great natural fishery. Where about were you fishing at in Batavia? What was your lure of choice?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
bunker25 said:
I was back out in Batavia yesterday and did real well. In 2 hours I caught 22 with 2 14" and 3 12". This is my first season fishing in the river and I just can't get over how strong of a fishery the river is. Amazing.
And then, one day in a year to come, some time around the end of July, you'll spend 8 hours up to your waist in water with one little tap to show for it all.

You'll have to trust me on that one.

Get them while you can, it goes away quick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was out there again this afternoon. Caught 20 more smallies and 1 walleye. 1 14" 2 13" and 1 12". I am using live bait which I was told is cheating. I am ok with that.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
bunker25 said:
Was out there again this afternoon. Caught 20 more smallies and 1 walleye. 1 14" 2 13" and 1 12". I am using live bait which I was told is cheating. I am ok with that.
You're catching fish, not taking a test. :shock: :D

As the water gets colder you better be cheating or you won't be catching much.

Best month I ever had on the Fox was a November when the water seemed to refuse to go below 45 degrees. Used live bait the whole time. Had no choice, they wouldn't hit anything else.

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Ken G wrote:

bunker25 wrote:

And then, one day in a year to come, some time around the end of July, you'll spend 8 hours up to your waist in water with one little tap to show for it all.
Yep, I've been there...more times than I care to remember. I've almost gotten to the point that I limit my wading to Spring and Fall. Late summer can be a bit frustrating.

Bunker save some smallies for the rest of us! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not much of a wader guy, but would love to get some smallie action. What location and rig would you guys recommend.....slip bobber and crawler/leech, etc.?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.