Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water temperature was 43º this morning. The river is still running high and fast. It is running at 2,420 cubic feet per second according to the USGS website. The water is pretty stained compared to last week with visibilities in the 1' to 2' range.

Smaller walleyes have been biting; however, they have not been very aggressive. Large and extra large fatheads have been the bait of choice for these fish. Crappies and other pan fish have been doing well, if you can find them! :wink:

Good Luck Everyone!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Thanks for the report! It looks like there is still some fishing to do on the river.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
River/shoreline is dangerous. Stopped out Sunday morning and almost broke my neck walking down to the river!!! Wear cleats or something, I got a nasty bruise the size of a basketball from landing on a rock!!!!! Didn't even get to make a cast :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
you didn't have your hockey skates on did ya napo? :lol: just kiddin man. good to hear you didn't hurt yourself too bad.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Like I told you that night Augy, due to safety concerns I'm givin up the skates for a stationery bike lol. I think I'll be ok enough by this weekend to try again :wink:
But seriously, I coulda broken something and there I woulda been, no one around to hear me yell for help or anything. Crack your noggen on a rock near the river like that and it's "nomini patri e fili esprit di santo" my friend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts