Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water temperature was 44º this morning. The river has calmed down quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. It's down to 967 cubic feet per second. The river is almost to its winter clarity with visibilities in the 2'-3' range.

Walleyes are still biting. They are hanging close to the bottom in the fast moving water. You may pick up a Small Mouth near the warm water discharges (i.e. crap plants). Crappies are remaining elusive for many anglers, however, when they are found they are of good size.

Large or Extra Large Fatheads are the bait of choice for walleyes and smallies.

We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sounds like there is still some good fishing to be found on the Fox. Thanks for the report!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I wish I could go wading right now. Some of the biggest smallies I've caught in the Fox have come during these little warm up periods we're having now. The last day before it's gets cold again(like this wednesday) is always the best. Backside's of islands that have fallen timber is where I look, for some reason that's where I find em in cold water. I use xtra large fatheads or medium roaches on a little tinsel crappie jig but a circle hook & split shot should do the trick! Good luck to anyone who can get out, take some pictures for me cabin fevers' settin in :cry:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
So many fish so few days left... :cry: well there is always ice fishing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts