Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man oh man today was a nice day!

The river is still extremly high, with a nasty current, at 6 o'clock tempaturs are 67 degrees

after fishing the damn and some verious other spots I went to a secret spot of mine (danno you know) and tossed a crank bait the entire time. (peanut crank that was a orange and redish color)

I ended up catching about a 2lb catfish, gave up a pretty good fight accualy, after a while I didnt catch anything I went down futher and hit a llarge mouth, about 18 inchs nthing to ride home about, then i hit a few stripers which i was shocked about. never caght one on a crank bait before.

This is where Danno might hate me.
I ended up hiting a 18" walleye, it was a nice fat one too. The next cast... I hit a 21" walleye :lol:

muhahhaha =) sucks to be you danno lol shulda answered your phone.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Good Job Justin! Was busy in the yard cleaning up after my dog(cut down a tree stacked all the wood up nice n neat and he decided to take a bunch of logs and drag them all over the yard and chew em up). So I set my phone down in the garage where I couldn't hear it. Im sure I had more fun. :)

But, you know my luck with those eyes, I could be doing exactly what you are and you'll be catching them and ill catch nothing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, I was rather shocked I went there for some large mouth and hit those eyes made my day =)

and ya danno, I know lol. But somday you'll get em, I need to buy some new cranks I lost all mine yesterday :cry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was busy in the yard cleaning up after my dog(cut down a tree stacked all the wood up nice n neat and he decided to take a bunch of logs and drag them all over the yard and chew em up). Yard work can wait, the fish can't

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.