Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Record warm temps for this October outing. Fished the Batavia area from 3:15pm-6:45pm; temps starting in the low 90's!; light SW winds; sun with mixed clouds.

Water was higher and faster than last week. Fish were not as aggressive. Did however get on some good fish. 7 smallmouth total and 1 catfish, all on jig/minnow.

Smallmouth bass were 18", 15", 13", and 10"-12". The catfish was about 3lbs and even jumped twice!

It was certainly nice getting on some decent smallies. They were not hitting aggressively, but rather would take the bait in and hold it. Any detection of the bait stopping required a hookset.

Another great time on the Fox River!

18" smallmouth bass

15" smallmouth bass

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those are great fish! I was south of the #2 Batavia (Funway) dam about the same time. Only a couple of small Smallmouth. Seems the smallie hit is less that a week ago. I'll be out today ..... may be the last really warm day I think.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
toothdoc said:
It looks like someone is getting addicted to catching those smallies! 8)
You bet! I've always loved river fishing, just haven't done enough of it. And when JNap got me out there 2 years ago taught me some techniques, it helped me appreciate it all the more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.