Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day! Temps in the 80's; south winds 5-10mph; sunny; fished from 3pm-6pm in Batavia.

The water was moderately stained and faster than I expected. Level were fairly normal. Picked up 10 smallmouth bass all 10"-12" :shock: working current seams with a jig and minnow.

Wasn't able to work some spots I wanted to because my hipboots just didn't let me get in deep enough water. I really needed to use chest waders. Time to get some new ones!

No big fish, but the ones I caught were feisty as hell and a ton of fun to catch!

Here's a pic of the first fish - a little guy. Also gotta remember to charge my damned batteries next time. Only got one pic. :x

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Glad to see that ya had some success on the Fox Sunday. You missed me by 24 hours. I actually worked the area in Batavia by the broken dam and did fairly well. Lots of smaller bass but they definately had the feedbag on once I found them. It seems that some areas that looked just about perfect holding grounds for smallies didn't give up a bite where other areas provided a better response. I don't get it. Anyway, I guess it wouldn't hurt to add a thread of my own instead of rambling here. Thanks for the report!

JB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.