Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and one of my buddies hit up the fox river in I think elgin, right off of I-90 and 31. Took Skeeter out for a spin hopeing for a smallie or 2 or atleast a Largemouth. We must have thrown over 40 different patterns. I had 7 rods with me and my buddy must have had 9 or 10 in the storage that were rigged, ready to go for whatever was thrown at us... All rigged with different variations of Cranks, Jigs, Texas Rigged tubes, worms, spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, carolina rigs, I even brought out one of my drop shot rods and gave it a roll, I was switching up rods and lures left and right... I had one fish break me off after having him on for 4-5 seconds, right out of the Crapper Plant discharge. Picked him up on a shad rap. I am guessing it was a pike. It was a clean break on 14 lb test. My buddy may have had a hit, not sure though. The water level was not too bad. Also, I may be going to Lasalle tomorrow. Gotta see how the weather goes. All in all... It was wet and cold. We will hopefully get em next time... 8)

BTW, we got on the water around 10:30am and fished until 3:00pm.

I also broke my Digital Camera. Now it is back to phone pictures that look like crap. I guess I am putting that new US Baitcasting reel to the side for a new Digital Camera. Anyone recomend make and model? My last camera was junk. But was better than nothing. I am looking for around $100-200 to spend on it. Thanks Guys!

Water temp was 59.6-61.1* everywhere we went...

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
dave-o,
walmart has some great cheapo yet high megapixel digital cams all the time in the 100-200 dollar range I been meanin to pick one up since they r cheap and ill prolly water damage it soon while takin fish pix.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BassMasterErik said:
dave-o,
walmart has some great cheapo yet high megapixel digital cams all the time in the 100-200 dollar range I been meanin to pick one up since they r cheap and ill prolly water damage it soon while takin fish pix.
Thanks Erik, I will take a look this weekend, Yea.. my digital camera is gone. I think I have a few fish pics of you on that camera too. I as well broke it today with water damage to it. I am done sending it in to get fixed. Time for a new one! Thanks again Erik, see ya on the water soon.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I gotta hand it to ya Dave... You sure get around in terms of the different bodies of water you fish and the amount of time you spend on the water. Regardless of the results, nothing beats getting out on the boat with a good friend on a gray, rainy day... better than sitting around at home at least. We'll have to hook up soon for some Fox River adventures. Thanks for the report.

Alex

·
Registered
748 Posts
Save money until you can get a olympus stylus 770 sw be the last camera you buy,i have left it pouring rain dropped in the lake dropped on concrete
had it in a bucket with two containers of wigglers that all the water leeked out the camera sat in it,look into one,you are going to be fishing all your life
and this camera will last for ever Got mine at wolf camera,

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Dave I have a Pentax Optio W10. I got it almost 5 years ago, but you can still get them if you look around. I fished saltwater exclusively for 3 years and had this take everything from jetty-rock fishing - getting pounded and blasted, to snorkeling and taking underwater action shots. Recently, I had it up in Canada with me and have left it out on the boat overnight in torrential downpours, heavy snow, and accidental slips off the side of the boat at the dock.

She is still kicking out great 6 MP shots, and I'm even on the original battery. Another nice thing is it uses SD memory cards which has become a standard in electronic devices, and I think they are the cheapest format too.

Anyway, Pentax has been doing the "W" (waterproof) models for a long time now, and they have it down pat. I figure it's kinda like trucks and 4x4s, those that have been around the longest, know what they are doing.

If i can get out and fish one of these days, I'll get some pictures with it so you can compare.......... know any good spots? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the help on some Info and experiences you all had with a couple cameras. I will read up on the Olympus Stylus 770 and the Pentax Optio W10. I have a week to make a decision. I am going to check ebay as well and compare some prices. Or I can get a good deal on a camera through a friend.

Thanks for the Input.

Till then, lets go fishing! :p

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Dang another rainy day fisherman! Persevere baby!!

Too bad the outing was a skunk. We all take the good with the bad. Thanks for taking it for us!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have had the 770 for a few years and love it. The only problem I have is the delay before it actually takes the picture. For taking action shots i.e. a osprey diving for a fish or a dolphin breaking water etc. I heard you can adjust this but I still haven't dialed it in. In any case I tend to be extremely hard on my gear and the 770 kicks arse

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.