Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know any good spots around the Fox that are good for cats>? Been wanting to go fishing to the fox since my uncle told me its a fantastic fishery. But yeah looking for them keeper channels and maybe looking to pull a all nighter. PM if more secretive.. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well let me tell you. I went to north aurora and montgomery at night and didn't get ish, now my buddy did goto aurora u but that was like 19 years ago and he said he would do well at night. Seems like the better fishing is north of aurora. LOL

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see so the north aurora eh? Alright thanks, didnt get the amount of responses..i though but hey w/e. Is there a dam in North Auroras that I an used as a landmark..?

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
I've gotten some nice channels at N Aurora on the East side of the dam. Get out wherever you can and toss some chicken livers with enough weight to keep your bait somewhat stationary. Just about every section of the Fox holds cats. Low light, cloudy days, or night time is usually best.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Not sure as I do not fish north aurora, But North Elgin above the chicago street dam is pretty good. It is shallow, but I have caught many channels out of there in the previouse years. Chicken Livers and Cut Bait was always the best choice for the channels. It's too hard to find bluegill around that area to use for bait. Also up by the I-90 bridge and rt 31 is good right under the bridge, do not get suprised if you catch a smallie or 2 as well as a Largemouth or walleye. You can fish it from shore, But boat acess makes things much easier. The boat launch is free and opens and closes at sunrise to sunset. Hope this helps a bit... Otherwise I would head more north, but that is just me since I know the north stretch a little better than the southern stretch. But every dam hold a variety of fish. Darth can assure that one! He is a champ on the river.

Hope this helps a bit...

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cats seem to be very active right now. In geneva just north of the train trussle a family had a bucket full of Channels. When I walked up I fully expected it to be full of 10 inchers, NO Bass or eyes in it, very refreshing. Nice 14-16" good eaters, not my thing but hey. They were fishing crawlers. Flatheads are being taking at the Genava dam and probably every dam on gills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.