Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't fished the Fox in quite a while. Does anyone who frequents it often know why the CFS level has held pretty steady at 1280 CFS for 4 consecutive days?? With no rain shouldn't it be on the drop?? Does the Chain of Lakes somehow control water flow in that regard ?? Thanks.

Bob P.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes the Channel Lakes does control the water level at the McHenry Dam and the Algonquin dam and yes the water level has been holding steady which is a good thing

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the Channel Lakes does control the water level at the McHenry Dam and the Algonquin dam and yes the water level has been holding steady which is a good thing
What level do you consider to be "normal"? In researching some rather old posts, some pointed to numbers in the 750 to 800 range. Would that be too low? Is the current 1260 number(last hour) a more doable number? Thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't know about the numbers I only know what I see I've been fishing the foxriver for a long time. And right now it looks perfect. The past 3 years it's been too low even to the point that I was considering selling my boat. Right now is how it should look or at least from Algonquian north to the McHenry Dam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe rain up north in se Wisconsin. I've been watching it too, plan to get out tomorrow wading. I don't think they've drawn down the levels in the chain for the winter yet, too early still.
Is see you're a wader like myself. I'll risk being redundant and ask if there's a particular CFS level you personally find more to your liking? I know it's not one size fits all. And perhaps the numbers i found while researching here are no longer valid. Anyway, thanks for any input.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Is see you're a wader like myself. I'll risk being redundant and ask if there's a particular CFS level you personally find more to your liking? I know it's not one size fits all. And perhaps the numbers i found while researching here are no longer valid. Anyway, thanks for any input.
I can't recall the flow I've waded in the fox, been at least five years. I rolled the gauge data back out of south elgin to 8/1. Summer lows about 12', right now its at about 12.5' so it's probably not too bad for wading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts