Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I touched base with a buddy who said "the fish have really turned on". After a few set backs I finally got in the water around 5:30. The plan was to hit 3-4 spots in Batavia and move up to STC for the sunset bite. Upon arriving at Island park I could see three waders making there way down stream on the east side. One of the riffles that has been producing is about two blocks down stream from them. I decided to high tail it to the riffle catch a few and work another spot before they even knew I was there. Third cast into the riffle, after a nice fight, this nice chunk came to hand.

A few slightly smaller came on the rapala before needing to switch to plastic to pick up a handful of dinks. I should have skipped the dinks and moved on As I turned to see the three waders standing in the next spot I wanted to work. On a side note there was a young boy (guessing 7-8) throwing rocks (larger then a baseball) at me. I was fairly close to shore and he was able to get them within 5-10'. Holding back my anger I moved away and figured he just pissed he's not fishing. As the other waders moved out of the hole I was able to pick up a few more dinks on the rap. Just as I was about to pack it in a heard a metal clanking sound. I looked back to see the same boy falling off the bridge from 5 ft or so. One of the other waders rushed to his aid, tying his shirt around his head. I instantly felt bad for any ill wishes I had.

I arrived in STC at 7:00, perfect timing! I made my way to the rock I wanted to fish. a half dozen casts with the rapala and nothing. I switched to the rebel craw and first cast produced a lil 12 incher that thought he was a eighteen. Next cast a screw on my bail came loose popped free and disappeared into the thigh deep water. I was sick at this point I didn't have a spare rod with me. The fish were very active and not as scattered. Faster water by channels has been the ticket for me, # 5 & 7 rapalas, misc plastics i.e helgies, twister tails and grubs, mini rebel craw have been doing the most damage.

Tight lines,
Hoffman

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure how to post photos, I think I did it right but I guess not. I searched posting photos and looked around quickly but couldn't find any instructions. As you can see I use snapfish. should I use another hosting site?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Nice fish!(I copied the url into my browser and it showed up) and Great report!

As for the kid...well Karma is a funny thing ain't it? :wink:

Not sure if the site has issue with snapfish but I use flickr and have no probs wish I could help! :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for posting the photo toothdoc, that fish followed my bait up into 6" of water and crushed it!

I need to figure out why snapfish does not work anymore for posting photos. I tried to register for flickr but they want a Yahoo address. maybe I'll give photo bucket a shot.

That youngster must have had a serious gash on his head, for that wader to pull his shirt off to try and stop the bleeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.