Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an angler hittin all the bass beds with a neon green/yellow spinner. Caught some fine bass right in front of me, was in a little boat with an electric outboard, but was workin fast. How the hell did you do it??

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Who cares? If it was a yellow skirt then I could see why youd be asking.

Btw- who was the redheaded girl in a rowboat at deep last week? She had a bikini on and rowed like a champ.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
The bass are done spawning, so what do you mean hitting the bass beds??? I'm lost now :?

Sounds like he layed into them pretty good though! :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
fishkid said:
ha, not all bass are done spawning dave...
Everywhere I've been they have been... But I am sure some deep quarries and such have a colder water temp and might still have some bass on the beds still. But every lake I have fished, I have not seen 1 bass on its bed this past week. :)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Beck still had a few bass beds mixed with the gill beds last week, and it was like 80* water temp then. Mostly gills though. Its easy to see the bass beds, they are 6x the size of a gill bed. And the bass dont run when you drift over. The postspawn bass also hang by the gill beds and chow down.

By the way, all of this is as seen from the boat. Stuff one definalty could not have seen from shore :wink:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
By the way, all of this is as seen from the boat. Stuff one definalty could not have seen from shore :wink:
Thanks Rudy, Cause I have not been able to spot any bass beds even at a couple quarries wearing polaroized glasses as well. I will try to keep an eye out more. All the bass I have been catching are post spawned fish. I know not all bass spawn at the same time. But I know most of them are done... :?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I read that with underwater cameras they now see that bass spawn all year long. They do it deeper after the spring but they have filmed them spawning in 20 foot of water in August.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if youve been to the lagoons, but you can see one side from the other, he was maybe about 20 feet away. He was hittin spots next to the trees with incredible accuracy, and pulled a bass right out within 15 secs of cast, bigger than any Id seen posted in this section of the forums. Prob what kept me sweating all day trying to beat the skunk, but alas to no avail. The lagoons are so low and muddy right now, all Ive seen the past few days are carp and minnows :( Saw a giant dead catfish too... a sad sight I must say. Wonder if he wasnt the same one I caught a few weeks ago. Anyone else have any luck there this week?

edit: to SV slider: If you saw the fish this guy was pullin, youd be lookin for him too. Didnt want to yell across the lagoon and scare all his fish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.