Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after deciding we werent going to the algonquin dam today, we ice fished the pond in my friends land.

We started fishing around 1:30 pm. We immediatly started getting bites on small gulp gurps and immitation mousies. but we couldnt hook the ice if we had to...so we went for a lil hike...

We got back and both flags on the tip-ups were up. Both spools were goin nuts, so i got one, my friend got the other he hooked it but it came off...we were suspecting a little pike or walleye, and mine turned out to be a small little snake. He was a little pre-spawn guy, only 13 inches and about a pound. :lol:

other than that, we got jack :cry:
and with the exception of falling on a huge ice sheet on the hike... :roll: ...it was a great day to be out :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Just the excitement of seeing a flag go up makes the trip well worth it. I'm glad you made it out. Thanks for the report, Usually when you are not watching your tip-ups is when they seem to bite. It happens to me alot, and Larry "AKA Legend" still swears to this day it was a 5lb goby. LOL :lol:

Better luck next time bud, you'll get em next time.

Dave

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lmao, thnx guys
the pond is in a big swamp he has on his golf course (he's loaded)
so its hard to say how many acres, i give that clear spot an acre, the backwaters are all over the area and there is many lakes on the swamp

and depth...it was about 10 feet out in the middle :wink:
so prolly around there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.