Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah I heard about this... I want to see a post confirming this from someone drilling a hole and less or little water coming up the hole first... Not only that, this deep freeze coming is gonna add a even more ice to the 7-10" we are seeing all over... Let's stayed tuned here... - BPM

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just got off of pistakee nothing has changed no noises,no cracks,no heaves,and no sagging at the shore line.Ice is atleast 12 in.The fishing stunk.So far ice looks good not saying it will stay that way or it might just stay fine.One never knows.Today it was fine on atleast pistakee.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I was told they do this every year and there is nothing to be concerned about... Like I mentioned before, until someone drills a hole and no water comes up, there are no issues... - BPM

·
Registered
78 Posts
i went to mineola bay on pistakee you can really see how much the lake has dropped from the shoreline there was a wall of ice marking before they dropped the lakes and i hit that wall of 6 inch ice and ifell through for what i had been walking on this was the current ice but the 6 inches that was a wall was before they lowered the lake ( it was a stupid idea on my part because i ended up hurting my ankle when i hit the bottom because of how shallow it was also got soaked. Note be very careful because even if there is 11 inches of ice and you hit a weak spot there you go

Next time i go i will get a picture of it
Happy safe fishing season Jay

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Mineola bay would be located on Fox Lake... And we need some visual evidence!!! 8) - BPM

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If you went to Mineola... That shoreline by the boat ramp and sea wall is always dropped down and heaved.... I wouldn't worry about the chain, People are over-reacting about it... My buddy was flipping out. I told him to shut his trap and dont worry about it. Its all good!

Wrench

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
I thought Mineola Bay is definitely on Fox Lake. Ok, where did you park wolfriver?
It is on Fox Lake... Come on Lee. you know the Parking/access areas. There is 2 of them, But I will only mention 1 ;) Mineola Marina dude!!! :wink:
5 dollar parking at the bar... They have great curly fries and 1 dollar domestic on tap if fishing is slow.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Wrench. I was asking wolfriver. Not you. I was trying to find out if he was at Pistakee or Fox Lake. I'm trying to find out where they biting. I'm going out today.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
Wrench. I was asking wolfriver. Not you. I was trying to find out if he was at Pistakee or Fox Lake. I'm trying to find out where they biting. I'm going out today.
Pistakee is dead... Go to Mineola.. and in his report he said a 29" walleye was caught. It was 100% fox lake for a walleye of that size.. come on man, put 2 n 2 together!!! :lol:

swedish pimples ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey guys i did say that it was mineloa bay is not on pistakee it is lokated on fox lake you park at the hotel i think it is 5 bucks or whatever you want to call it i was fishing in 10 fow and the whitebass were all big the walleye was very nice that the guy showed me we are hoping to pick one up we know a guy that was out there and he just strictly caught walleye and they are regularly coming in the 20 inch range for all you guys i would suggest hitting up this place or hitting the chain but this place i find is way better of a walk becuase of how far marie is as of walking i wish they still had the guy with the atv that would charge you like five bucks and he would toat you and the stuff out there it would be much quicker. Yea i will take a picture of the ice for you i definitley think that this ice wall was caused by the lowering of the lake levels Also the lady at the bar told us that early in the morning a group of guys caught a 30 incher and left
safe fishing
hope to see all you guys out there i am hoping to hit mineola saturday Thanks jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.