Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out to my Local lake, which is a block down the street :D this morning from 6:45 to 10:00. Started out with a Rebel Pop-R but couldn't pick anything up, so I tried spinnerbaits, Soft Plastics, trolled crankbaits, nothing was biting. Eventually I said screw it and decided to sight fish with bluegill. Picked up this 19.5" 3.3# LMB under a dock. There were two bigger ones following it as I brought it to the boat.

Caught this SMALL warmouth as I was getting bluegill for bait.

There were two more on this log that jumped off right before I took the picture.

All In All it was a pretty slow morning. But One fish is certainly better than no fish.

-Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
That little guy is insane! He would do great in a little fish tank. :D
I switched my 55 gallon tank to a "native tank". Right now I have a green sunfish (which is what I think that little guy actually is - look how big his mouth is and based on how agressive he was!) and 4 bluegills in it. I'm going to just keep the green sunfish and the biggest bluegill (the other 3 bluegills gotta' go) and probably try to catch a little (4 or 5") bullhead for the native tank. It's not legal in IL to keep gamefish, but the sunfish are ok. They are WAY cooler than tropical fish, too!

Warner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.