Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my 5 lakes in 5 days I went to the south rocks for the first time and had a blast. I heard about the South Rocks in the paper and you guys helped me find out where it was.

Today I read a report that said there are Coho in at the gary light. Where the hell is the Gary Light. Dah!, I'm sure it's in Gary Indiana but where? If there is a shore fishing opportunity there; I would love to go and try my luck sometime.

Please, if you heard of Gary Light give me some info/help :cry: !

Thanks,

Sean

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
gotta hand it to ya sean. seeking out new places where the fish are. i tend to get comfortable with a certain body of water. i should seek out new places to fish like yourself.

i'm just taking a wack at it but, gary light sounds like it could be the gary lighthouse.

:?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The Gary light is indeed the Gary lighthouse. But being in Gary, Indiana, I am a little uncomfortable going there to fish. Call me a wimp, but it does have one of the highest crime rates in the country! So I might fish it by boat, but from land, I don't think so.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sean, google earth gary harbor and prepare to shit your pants when you see the breaker wall. It looks huge and like you can walk the whole thing. There is also a man made channel that runs in between two industrial facilities, With two natural looking "bays" to the east. It could be a tease though. With all the industry it may be off limits, but we should still check it out.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yeah Doc. Looks shady, and makes me wish concealed carry was ok aroun here. :roll:
Fishin is fun but not woth getting stabbed and dumped in LM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts