Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went with my girlfriend to her parent's house this weekend in Morris, IL (just southwest of Joliet). My would-be father in-law and I decided to check out Silver Springs first on saturday. we got there around noon or so. It was a new place for us so we had no clue what to fish for, so we covered our bases. Threw out a crawler and my senko. got skunked the whole day, but he caught a small channel cat and a ton of blue gills. that was about it. after heading back for dinner i was determined to not leave there without catching something. So, we head down the block from there house to Gebhard woods. There is a reall nice pond there that they stock every year with catfish. there are also some nice crappie in there, some LMBs, bluegills, and i believe some sheephead. So we get there around 8:30pm and it was a beautiful night. My would-be father in-law fished out a couple of blue gill and we hooked those on and threw em out. about an hour later I had the battle of my life with something BIG!!!! After what seemed like a 15 minute fight I pulled out this beauty. judging by my foot (im a size 11) i would say he's about 18 inches and I think 4-5lbs. Biggest channel cat I ever caught so far. Would of had a second one that was bigger but he snapped my line just as he was at the shore as i was trying to get him out. I was PIIIIISSSSSSEEEEEDDDD!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.