Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived once again to rain at fontana at 530 with my buddy Larry. Waited for heavy drizzle to stop wich it did by 615, then worked in piers for 2 hours battling stiff northeast wind wich limited my casting while i tried to keep us in the area we wanted to fish. I took a big zero on artificials unless you count rockies :( With wind too stong to drift without a working depthfinder , i would anchor us in 18- 30 feet and we found smallies in most spots we tried. Most of the 8 smallies caught were 16inche with biggest going 19 Lost a couple more who exploded from under the boat and flew up into the air wich was fun to watch. A good day under the conditions was off water by 1200 . Ran out of crawlers by 1200 and we were beaten from wind and rain and decided to call it a day. Some how lost in this post was LARRY DID WELL FOR BASS GETTING 3OR 4 throwing a spinner. Sorry no pics was not taking any chances pulling it out in rain when my wife just got it working again. Good luck to all bass will only be getting bigger

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Good job Coyote, catching that 19" smallie must have been a blast!

By any chance do you know what color spinner your friend Larry was using?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Larry has had good luck with a white spinnerand puts a long twister on it , most fish way up close near shoreline. Now that ive been home for 6 hours and took a nap it reaally hits you on how lucky we are to have a fishery such as Geneva so close to us. It really doesnt take much thinking on my part by dropping a crawler to the bottom and hope a fish comes by and takes it.While i hope to get a few fish in the 18-20 in range this fall, i will guartanee you Matt will be showing you some unbelievable fish this fall..... IS that putting some pressure on you MATT? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.