Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get out Saturday, but the weather dictated the plans and I settled for Sunday. Good thing, as the Bears game sounded brutal, so I am not upset for missing it. Fishing was slow, as I believe the lake has started turnover. That normally scatters the fish, which was the case today. We would fish good structure and pick up occasional fish, but no big feeding frenzies like weeks past. Water temps were at 57 with clarity being down a bit due to the dying weeds I believe. Ended with 20 smallies and the customary pike, but we worked for them from sunup to sundown.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice way to still get some results on a tough day...

Of course your tough day numbers are better than most of our good day numbers.. :lol:

Another nice beast smallie you got there.

Any size to the pike?

NPIKE

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NPike. Pike was around 24'' and fairly skinny. Out of the 20 smallies, less then half were over 15''s. We really have been getting spoiled with the fish lately, as it was not that bad of a day, but nowhere near the numbers and size of weeks past. With it being so slow we worked a new area and picked up a few fish there, so any day I can be on the water and learn something new is worth it to me :lol:

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
At least you found some fish as usual Matt, Lenn was out friday and got the skunk. We were gonna go today but i was attacked by 2 beast dogs at one of my hidden fishing spots and might have a broken wrist. Might be out there fiday depending on weather.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Matt notes say Lenn was out till Nov 16th last yearwith that day only getting 2. I would like to try 1 more time this year, do you plan on getting out any more or do you think fishing has turned for the worse?

·
Super Moderator
6,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that it will still be good until it gets below 50. Probably have another 2 or possibly 3 weeks. My remaining times out will be dependant on the weather. When you have wind and cold, Geneva is no fun. If I keep getting half-way decent weather on the weekends, I will try to keep going :wink:

Too bad about your wrist. You are going to have to tell me the story. So, are you going to sue the dog owners and become a millionaire? :lol: Good thing your injury happened at the tail end of the fishing season :shock:

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You might not have watched football yesterday but you sure did catch one :wink:! Well done my man.

FishinMatt said:
Too bad about your wrist. You are going to have to tell me the story. So, are you going to sue the dog owners and become a millionaire? :lol: Good thing your injury happened at the tail end of the fishing season :shock:
I want to hear the story too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.