Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was very cold, and for the most part of the day the fishing was slow. Luckily we found a lucky duck that ended up leading us to several large smallmouth. Too tired to post much tonight, but tomorrow I will show you the duck and the fish :wink: :p

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, the duck was our 4 leaf clover today :lol: More on the duck later though. The day started out cold and slow with my partner Augie taking 3 fish off our first spot which usually produces well in the morning. I had a few hits and lost one fish, but that was it for me.

We moved to another spot where we each caught a couple smaller fish. We then tried another usually reliable spot and got shut out. With that we moved over to a main lake point, put on the drift sock and worked it over pretty well. I connected on a nice pike and Augie had one of equal or greater valuie bite him off after gator rolling near the boat.

That is when we met our lucky duck. We had just finished our drift when we notice this guy following the boat. We figured it was snack time, and so did the duck.

After the 3 of us got our fill, we diecided to head across the lake to see how Fonzie and his partner were doing. We saw Da Fonz land a nice pike, and I finallly got connected with a smallie worth photographing. Personally, I think it was good luck duck karma.

We came back to the spot and Augie and I got a quick double. His was a beauty, but I don't think I got a pic on my camera.

After a few more fish we decided to try some more spots, but I think we were getting too far away from our feathered friend. We headed back to his hideout.

After a quick snack it was back to work fishing

I believe we caught 5 fish over 19''s in the last hour of daylight. After a tough start iit was quite the finish

I will be out Saturday again, and definitly looking for our feathered friend

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Those are some beautiful fish...nice colors. Great story to go with the pics. Wish I had saved that story reading til before i went to bed would have made for some great fishin' dreams!

JB

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fonzie said:
Nice fish yet again Matt :!:
You should print up that sunset picture of Augie with the Smallie. I bet he would appreciate a hard copy of that particular pic.
Usually one of my winter projects is getting hard copies printed off the digital. You should have quite a few as well :wink:

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Niiiiice. Always on the points.... I can see my pier in one, lol. You guys fish the hell outta geneva. Yous were out all day???? I salute you. I like all the pics too. I live vicariously through them, haha. I am having some seroius wisconsin withdrawal due to a self imposed "stay in illinos on the weekend to get stuff done" rule. :cry:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.