Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the opportunity to fish with my bud Rich Saturday. Rich has taught me quite a bit about the smallies on Geneva, so it is always a pleasure getting out with him. Ended the day with 9 fish apiece, but most were good size.

Started the day on a good note

And it got better with my biggest of the year from Geneva

Doubles are always nice

Unfortunately, after a big start, they really slowed down. We actually found a school in about 55' of water and took 6 or 7 fish, with a bunch of misses. It was kind of hard to get a solid hook set with that much line out.

Rich ended up losing a big fish due to the hook getting caught up in its last meal :lol:

We moved around and found another school in about 30'

Around noon the wind picked up and the fish absolutely shut down. We were able to pick off a few more fish before it completly died

Before we left, we saw the duck. This time it refused to jump in the boat. I think it was trying to tell us that it was time to go home, so we did :wink:

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
coyote said:
Good to see you slam them one last timebefore bite really slows. Its amazing how deep they go. How big was your best one Matt? Geneva is unbelievable.
My one regret from Saturday was not measuring the big one. Rich actually had another big one on and I set my rod down to net his fish when it almost got taken out of the boat. After some hectic moments battling both big fish and the wind, all we could do was take a couple quick pics. I would say at least 20, maybe 21'', judging my the other fish I have been measuring lately. Rich gave his estimate of 21 or 22''s, so who knows. Kind of like Delavan in the Spring, we get spoiled with big fish and throw them back without really thinking about it :?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.