Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made my first trip to Geneva on the ice with my uncle on Saturday... All in all a struggle but not a bad day... Walked out from Linn Pier and went just east of the narrows where it meets the flats... Started in 13 feet of water with weeds and nada for 2 hours... Never saw a fish on the vex or the camera... 1 tip up flag but fish dropped the minow... Drilled some holes and scouted around until I found something on the vexilar chasing my jig and minnow in 24 feet, so we moved there...
Caught 11 perch, biggest being 10 inches, then the bite shut off... Vexilar showed a thick echo that kept popping up right off the bottom but wasn't hitting the blade jig... Dropped the camera down there and sure enough a big pike was down there cruising around... Was down there at least a half hour... Drop the kitchen sink at him but he wouldn't give in...

Moved all the tip ups to within 30 yards of the shanty and sure enough we got some flags... First one was mine, felt the fish on and then as I set the hook, ping! Bit off... Next two were my uncle's, and he iced both pike... 32.5 inches and 29.5 inches... Bigger one weighed 6lbs. 15 oz... Both fish caught on large roaches set just off the bottom, in 24 feet of water, out of the same hole... Camera sure came in handy today... Will probably be out the last weekend of the season and try for a laker... Nice to go out and get some quality fish on tip ups... Both pike released and still swimmin'... - BPM

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Job out there guys!!!! Nice Pike... The Pike were probably deeper because of the sunlight and the deep water perch :wink: . You guys worked for em and it sure did pay off! I give you guys 2 thumbs up! :D

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is one healthy looking pike! Looks like the rest of those perch
ended up in that pike's belly. Sounds like you guy's earned those fish.
Good luck on your next trip,hopefully it'll be a little easier to find them
next time. Good fishing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.