Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With weather reports all over of monday being 85 and sunny a neighboor friend of mine got on the water at 545 in Fontana. After throwing topwaters without a hit, switched to a chatterbait and procedded to lose 2 pig bass at boat :( . Larry was catching some smaller bass on a twister type of thing. About 720 it started to get cloudy , thought that was strange cause all werthermen said 85 and SUNNY. After i caught a decent pike that went 29inches on a chatterbait Larry folloewd with his own on a hot and tot , both fish caught in 7-10 feet. About 10am threat of rain now appeared as skies starting to get dark , how could this be...... nowhere did i or LARRY SEE ANYTHING ABOUT RAIN :eek: . After we each caught another bass, it was time to fish with some crwalers or perch before the rain. WE got 30 minutes in before rain and storms came in , right about when the fishin was getting really good . We must have benn over a school of smaiilies in 18 feet. I picked up a nice one and lost a goodie while Larry was able to watch his 4+ smallie explode out of the water wink at LARRY and proceded to bite him off. Picked up 2 more smaller smallies right away unfortunatly rain started after putting boat on trailer and hoping to wait it out with lunch at Chucks there was no sighn of letting up. Left by 1230 only to see it be totally clear as soon as we got to beautiful Harvard... only 10 minutes away. A good day , but could have benn a great day, in hindsight should have went deeper for smallie bite earlier, but with cloudy skies most of morn thought we could get some on artificials.Holding claw of crayfish in hand that smallie spit out as i got him in boat. Sorry about pics being black and white not sure how that happened. [
][/
][
][/
][
][/img]

·
Registered
953 Posts
I love the black and white photos. Makes it look very old school. Great job out there guys. Looks like you had a nice time before the rains came in. :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Nice job Coyote.
Too bad you had to leave early. Always seems like you get on the spot when you gatta leave. Thats why I"m always late or soaking wet when I get home.

You did well for the time you had though.

NPIKE

·
Super Moderator
6,276 Posts
Way to go Mike. I am digging the black and white photgraphs too.

I really want to get back out there soon, as the bite seems to be great already. Unfortunately, I have surgery on Friday that will probably keep me out of the game for about a week. I did get my foot pedal fixed. I also ordered a Hummingbird 565 depthfinder. All I have to do is put that on and I will be back out, health permiting. I have a weekday off in a few weeks if you want to get out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.