Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Augie and I put a long day on the water today but were rewarded. We ended up with well over 40 smallies and also some largemouth and pike thrown in. Like last week, every spot we tried held some fish, with some spots being better then others. Overall size was still down, but we did manage some hawgs. It was the maiden voyage for Augie's new boat and everything ran well. We did not take many pictures, because when the action was hot, we both preferred to just keep fishing 8)

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
toothdoc said:
Nice smallies guys. Matt you always make it look so easy. :shock:
I suffered two day long skunks out there last Fall trying to put a pattern on them, so I guess this finally is the reward. I do think that this trip spoiled us though. It has never been that easy for any of us that fish out there. It was a cold one in the morning too. I did not help when I stuck my whole arm in the water to retrieve Augie's spinning rod :D That does not feel too good when it is 40 degrees and you are wearing 5 layers :? Thanks for the Frog Toggs Augie :p

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Wow what a unbelievable day for you guys. Must have been nonstop action . The great thing is after looking up in my notes from last year is that the bite continues for another 7-8 weeks. While ive had a good day or 2 last year never came close to 40 fish...... you guys must have felt like Rex Grossman having a game woithout throwing a interception :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
OUTSTANDING.. Thats some great smallie action you guys got into..

While you put your time in you definitly have a great talent for figuaring out those patterns..

Great Job you keep us all motivated with your great results..

NPIKE

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks gents. Coyote is heading out tommorrow, so hopefully more good reports to come. I am an outside shot for Sunday, but I'm not sure if I want to fish without a depthfinder. As of today, my Humminbird is still at the factory being repaired :?

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Big Al said:
Wait a second. That's not Augy. Augy is a chubby, sausage loving, Korean guy who gets skunked at Deep Lake. I think someone's playing games with you Matt :!:
Augy- Deep Lake skunk guru (but I predict a 25''er next week)
Augie- Drum playing RocknRoller who is not a sausage lover

While similar in name, they are two diffrerent people :p
Augie is actually registered here, but I have not seen him around in awhile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.