Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished today with Augman, again hoping for that hot smallie bite. Unfortunately, we had to work hard for them. We caught at least one fish at every spot, but normally not more then 2 or 3. Had a few moments of insanity at one point in the afternoon, but other then that it was a few here and a few there. Ended up with around 25 smallies and a pike. Had a few biteoffs as well. Tons of boats out and if anyone happened to see us catch a fish today, they moved right in, which of course attracted more boats. Crazy how that works. Maybe that is why we had a hard time staying on top of the schools. Anyways, thanks for coming out Augie. Tuesday I am going to head out to Milwaukee Harbor for some Kings (hopefully).

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Nice numbers MATT, sorry to hear guys crowdong you like that . As each day passes out there and the weather gets colder its a matter of a week or two and it will be pretty quiet out there . My DeLAVAN afternoon today was cancelled due to wind. And looks like day off monday with weather too unpredictable will keep me local...... just cant catch a weather break :x

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bassman For Life said:
Nice work Matt 25 is alot Those are some dandys. Funny how people watch you out there
I think the weekend warriors that aren't sure how to fish just look for boats. Sometimes there will be 10 boats all fishing a main lake point and we would look over 15 minutes later and there would be no boats. If someone sees someone else catch a fish it just starts a chain reaction. A boat or 2 will see it and hone in, and other passing boats will see all the other boats and figure it must be hot. I suppose it happens universally on lakes with pressure. Coyote, I can't wait until I need the warm weather gear and the hand warmers in the morning. That will cut the boat traffic down sharply :wink: Too bad about Delavan. It was blowing a ton out there today I bet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.