Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Windycityfishing.com Forum Index -> Lake Geneva/Delevan -> WI Gamefish Opener
Islandfisher said:
I'll be up there with 2glasseyes for the weekend, it's going to be great! My goal is to land my first pike of the year.

:D

So, I reached my goal but didn't do much more. :( Yesterday morning (sat) 2glasseyes and I attempted to fish Geneva in the morning. However, our 12 foot aluminum rowboat and 5hp motor didn't do so well in the 20-30 mph winds. After about four hours of getting wet we decided to head over to the smaller lake Como to find calmer waters.

The conditions were similar to geneva but not nearly as bad. After hours of fishing I managed the above pike and rudy managed a small large mouth. This morning we returned for a few hours. I lost one by the boat, missed a hit, had a pike bite off and got the skunk. Rudy missed a few but then got a decent large mouth.

Our results weren't that great but we still had a great time fishing in the wind. I think that next time we are going to need to find a bigger boat for Geneva.

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeah, last year I tried fishing lakes up north that were probably at best a 1/4 the size of geneva in a 12' with 5hp and it is very tought and not very safe! late in the season we got an old 15.5' deep v and kept the 5hp and are much, much happier. a lot more stable and dry! even goes a bit faster since there isn't as much displacement due to the bigger beam size. but kudos for at least giving it a try, you are a braver man than I!

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Great job getting that pike . You guys are braver than i i stayed local these winds are too much . Will give delavan a try monday am, hoping i will be able to hide somewhere from the wind.Ps when i go to GeNEVA I WILL STAY IN Wialliams bay i have small boat with motor but if you stay in that area usually always fish there and much safer.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
coyote said:
Ps when i go to GeNEVA I WILL STAY IN Wialliams bay i have small boat with motor but if you stay in that area usually always fish there and much safer.
Thanks for the tip, next time we'll head into the bay when the wind kicks up.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
-FYI- All fish caught were done so on a mini-strike king spinner. I used a black/blue color with a black 4" twister tail to catch the pike. The next day I got a lot of bites on a red spinner black twister combo. I think 2Glasseyes caught his bass on a dark colored spinner with a grey speckled tail.

All fish were caught around a small underwater island that sat close to fast flowing water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.