Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from around 9am to 12:30 today. Walked the "wall" from the dam down to the tracks, used a couple different jigs- with no success.

Came about halfway back towards the parking lot, and started throwing a DT4 fat in silver. Pulled in 4 LMBs in the 14-16" range, 1 small eye, and about a 5lb carp that chased it down. All were holding just inside the current breaks close to the bank.

Ended up breaking off the lip of the lure, and thus ended my fishing. Damn the luck, it was a brand new one too, and only caught those 6 fish with it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I've had a few cats hit a chatterbait out at Shabbona. Really unexpected for sure.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Is the DT4 a rapala ? If so take the hooks off and send it back to them, they will replace it, free. I have sent many shad raps back to them with the bills broke off and they have replaced all of them.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dubs justin said:
ya for sure, Do you ever fish the Mchenry dam? or your mostly stick to algonquin?
I usually don't travel that far North to McHenry or Algonquin. Fishing in Geneva at the river there is 45 mins for me. I usually head West of Dekalb to fish most times.

junglejim said:
Is the DT4 a rapala ? If so take the hooks off and send it back to them, they will replace it, free. I have sent many shad raps back to them with the bills broke off and they have replaced all of them.
Yes, it is a Rapala. Unfortunately, when it broke it was 12' out in the river, and I watched it surface and float away rather quickly. :cry:

I still have the bill attatched to my line if they'll take that for a replacement?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sorry , I didn't realize the line was attached to the bill and not the lure. I don't know if they will replace your lure if you just send them the bill. It might be worth a try knowing the cost of those lures.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jaybomber354 said:
Hey lip yanker does that chatterbait work or is it no good? i saw that u said u used it so just wondering
I've only used a blue/black one for a few months last fall. But did get a few LM on it, and a couple of channel cats. I got a white one to try out this year, just haven't yet.

They do live up to their name, and chatter like hell when you drag them in.

Here's some more chattering fish just posted... http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... highlight=

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.