Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that do not have boat access, the fishing has been good for perch of the municipal piers in Geneva. My buddy got a boat load the other day topping out at 12'', plus the usual rambos. Just a thought if you are looking for something different.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The municipal piers are for Lake Geneva. I asked my friend for more specifics. The municipal pier that he likes best is the long, white one w/ the beach directly to the right of it. The water is 10-11 feet deep and he uses a slip bobber with fatheads 8-9 feet down. He has seen just about everything in the lake caught off the pier in Fall, including a lake trout (that one suprised me). The only problem is that they will be removing the piers soon, if not already. He was last out a week and half ago so if they are not out now, they will be gone soon. Best action for him occurs just before dusk.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Sorry I didn't read your postwell enough. I think Matt, I think Delevan. All the pier are currently out of Geneva. :(

I have fished off Lynn pier waiting to launch and got a few nice keeper Perch in the few casts I have made from there.

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a problem Will. My friend actually sent me an email today saying he was still getting some nice fish off the pier. I was suprised because I figured they were all out too. Hopefully I can get out with him before ice-up and see for myself.

Matt

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey will what's up? we killed em this week at montrose max 10" though didn't measure all of em but no skunks yet...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts