Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this morning on the fox fished from 7amto 1pm. Level is still up from normal but still wadeable. Started out in Geneva worked the west wall from the dam to the second bridge. Manged 6 smallies from 10-14". Floated minnows under a fixed float about 1-2ft below the surface.

Headed to S. Elgin by 10am worked the east side from the dam back to the first bridge. No hits on the fixed float with a minnow. Changed tactics to a 1/8 chart jighead w/ a 3 inch yum twister in chart and worked the current on a drift picked up a few smallies in 12-15"s, 3 cigar eyes, fouled hooked a bunch of rough fish, 1 crappies 8", and 1 whitebass 6".

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Those are some beautiful fish. Thanks for the conditions of the river. Was the river high that you were hugging the shoreline or were you able to get a bit and walk around. Taking this into consideration for next weekend. Thanks!

JB

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. I have been really busy and havent been getting out as much as I like too but I got a few days off and play on doing some fishing. I will be heading to the Wisconsin River on Wednesday and Thurday for White Bass run.

Darth, I will take note. thanks bro

JB, I was able to roam around but carefull but majority of the time I was near shore. I wouldnt recommend wading the fox unless you know your territory. Its still a foot above normal so I would say a couple more weeks until it's back to normal unless mother nature takes over.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I passed by the Fox yesterday in Algonquin and Elgin and was curious if there are good spots between Algonquin and St Charles that you can fish from shore? I'm not into wading - I don't trust myself to be honest.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
vcackerman said:
I passed by the Fox yesterday in Algonquin and Elgin and was curious if there are good spots between Algonquin and St Charles that you can fish from shore? I'm not into wading - I don't trust myself to be honest.
Yup=)

For shore fishing St. Charles is my favorite...but there are opportunities from Algonquin on down.

Sorry for the threadjack Legend :wink:

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Darth Wader said:
vcackerman said:
Yup=)

For shore fishing St. Charles is my favorite...but there are opportunities from Algonquin on down.

Sorry for the threadjack Legend :wink:
No problem Darth its all good. If someone has an opinion to the question there more than welcome to anwser it on my thread. More advise the better.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
vcackerman said:
All the areas ( Algonquin, Cartpnervilles, Elgin, South Elgin, and St Charles ) provide great shore fishing. What I can suggest is to start at the dams and work south or check out google map and do some research. I would check out St Charles and South Elgin area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Legend075 said:
vcackerman said:
All the areas ( Algonquin, Cartpnervilles, Elgin, South Elgin, and St Charles ) provide great shore fishing. What I can suggest is to start at the dams and work south or check out google map and do some research. I would check out St Charles and South Elgin area.
Thanks Legend - I got some free time on my hands next week with my wife out of town so I might head out to South Elgin and give it a try.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.