Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
I'm wondering how the ice is going to be. I'm thinking of going up to the chain...maybe channel. Let me know if you find out how the ice is.

I betcha the Fox is all blown out right now.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good luck up there Nick!

Get that crisp new Marcum LX 5 fired up! (that you paid less than I did for you Bastardo! :p )

Get a new auger yet? You are not the first guy I have seen lose the auger thru the ice! Sucks, but a part of ice fishin I guess. Look at the bright side, there is a small piece of fish holding cover on Blackwell that only you and I know the location of :lol:

Good luck on Geneva!

Darrin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright well heres the quick report. Left Glen Ellyn at 3am, picked up the crew and arrived at Lake Geneva by 5am. We were set up and fishing by 6am. Bite was not hot by any means. Tons of fish marked and tons of sniffers but no takers. Tried everything. One thing I dint have whick was a necessity was a motor oil colored plastic. We had out 7 tip ups out for the big boys but no takers all day. I caught a new PB best crappie 14in and with some shoulders. One of are other buddy's caught a 14 in bass. Took home the crappoie and a Gillzilla. thats it. It was enough for a meal. We left the ice about 630 in the evenig. It was a long day but it was fun. Will definately get back up there before ice is out. Our vehicle was on the ice and ice was a good 16in in some areas. Safe all around.

Dave do me a favor and post that crappie pic when you get a chance.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
No Problem Nick, hitting up Geneva at midnight tonight! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Fishin past sun-rise! 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.