Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the air is cold out side right now but the weather forcast states that it is going to warm up on the weekend. I plan on going to Geneva on thurday morning early maybe 5am. Anyone have any spots for me to try or know where to go for the fishing action. I might go to Browns lake as well anyone know about that lake for fishing. I would appretiate it if someone can let me know. Should I use live bait or artificial. I want to go for Northern bass and Walleye maybe for a little. Let me know
Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Fish with live bait on Geneva. You'll outfish artificials 10 to 1. Perch is the best for smallies right now. If you don't want to catch perch first go with golden roaches or chubs. Set it up on a Carolina rig. I'd go to Trinkies or Maytag Point to start if the wind is blowing into it.. If you're going out at 5 a.m then your in Walleye territory. Trolling is the best. Figuring out their little route they take every night is hard to do. Trolling 120 DD pointers seem to be consistent. I haven't trolled Geneva since last year. Smallies and northern are your best bet right now. Smallies will start hitting in bunches. They're schooled up good. Have a Super Fluke ready when you got one going. They'll bring up 5 other ones with it. Good Luck. Tight Lines!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.