Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Bears getting pummeled, I turned off the TV in the 3rd quarter and decided to spend the afternoon geocaching.

Went to geocaching.com and searched for some close to home. Printed up 5 along the North Branch Trail behind where I live and set out on foot. Was able to find 3, could not locate a 4th and was too dark to look for the 5th. But what a great time it was!

I've been on this trail hundreds of times and its really cool to explore all the nooks and crannies that I have never seen. I always see deer, but got real close to several who simply didn't care that I was there, including a big 7-point buck. One of the caches was extremely clever right behind a popular restaurant at Oakton and Caldwell.

If you love the outdoors, and enjoy a hunt, this activity is awesome. I walked over 7 miles in 3 hours had a blast. Much recommended!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Glad to hear you got out in the outdoors for a bit Jay. I'm not into Geocaching but totally understand it, as it can be really fun. I know Kool-Aid loves it!

JasonN said:
I always see deer, but got real close to several who simply didn't care that I was there, including a big 7-point buck.!
A 7 point... hehe, you gotta love a sight of seeing a Buck. My eyes would just light up like its christmas! :shock: :lol:

Good job out there on your Geocaching hunt!

Dave

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ya, I do love geocaching. I love the hunt, and I really like when they are a 4 or 5 star difficulty rating on the hide. My favorite one so far was when I had to climb 20 ft off the ground onto a fallen tree. I break a sweat every time I go caching so it is a good workout too.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I always see deer, but got real close to several who simply didn't care that I was there
I love that. There have been a few times I have been the one to start moving away from the deer. :) One time I stopped on my bike on a trail not even paying attention to anything, just messing with my bike, and a doe walked up to me about 5 ft away, looked straight at me, then walked right past. For a second I thought I was going to be on funniest animal attacks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.