Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also saw this guy yesterday with what appears to be a bass in his mouth. The photo sucks I couldnt get any closer. Very curious as to how he was gonna eat this. Could he swallow it whole? BTW thats the only fish I saw yesterday. :oops:

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
sure looks like a bass, good eye MrB.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
It used to be a Fox River tradition when we went camping on the islands. The only rule was that they had to be alive when they were swallowed. They really are not too bad, but who know, I was always kinda drunk :D

Getting back to the bird subject, those guys are really thick in population. Just about every body of water has them now.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Those are some incredible outdoor photo's Mr B, very cool! Sometimes the best part of wetting a line is the distraction of marveling at your surroundings. :)

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Have anyone ever witnessed those birds at Heidecke. When the baby shad are thick, they is a bird chowing them every 100 feet or so on the riprap. A few summers back in WI I saw one grab a 12'' pike out a shallow marshy inlet. I wonder if they impact fish populations in certain places?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I see alot of the white ones at the Glen,have witnessed them many times catching shad & what looked like small gillies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts