Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed out to meet Brent (Catman) in the morning we're going to hit a small pond in Crystal Lake by his place. He says he's going to put me on fish I hope so I need it bad. I hope to post some good results with pictures when I get back.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was out with great company but the fishing was slow. Got 2 fish in a 5 hour period. We didnt even mark many and we shot about 50 holes in the ice. Thanks to Brent I did get my first Bass through the ice it was about a 13" (first time I have ever used a tip up ,Now I own 2 I stopped on the way home and bought them). It was a really nice day to be out on the ice weather was good I wish the fishing was too,but it will happen sooner or later, you have to be out there if your going to catch them. I got a lot of pointers from Brent that I am going to try to put to use a few times this week before Walk On Water Saturday. Thanks Again Brent for a fun day on the Ice.

It sure beat having to work on the house today,I did have to shampoo the family room carpet when I got home. Small price to pay for a day on the Ice.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree I think the best part of fishing is the fishing buddies (but catching is a good part too). We had some fun and a few laughs and it was a beautiful day to be out.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Believe i saw you guys yesterday, that pond used to be a great body of water while it still hoilds some nice bass and even pike, a good number of fish were lost last year due to over harvest . As long as your that close i would defintly try Crystal Lake. Good luck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Is anyone thinking about going to Walk On Water this Saturday,it should be a good time. The weather looks like it will be much better than last year. Hope to see a few of you guys out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.