Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I limit my fishing in the month of March. March produces the most skunks for me and is a good time to catch up on other things in my life. I just pulled off a successful ice season with 20+ outings and zero skunkings. It was hard work with one day fishing 5 hours to catch one crappie just to beat the skunk.

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
You can rack your brain and try to figure out why you got skunked. Maybe there was something else you can try next time or maybe you need to fish a different area altogether. You can also chalk it up to the conditions. When I shore fished a bunch I used to have regular March skunkings. I used to get so jacked up on a nice day I would drive somewhere and still find ice on the lake. Trust me, always analyze your results, but take the March outings with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I usually blame it on the driver/owner of the boat.....poor boat control, not putting me within casting distance of the feesh, picking the wrong lake, etc... :lol: :lol: It certainly can't be anything I'm doing wrong... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.